Members of the IPCC as well as former Vice President to the United States and Global Warming activist Al Gore have deliberately tried to dissuade further discussion on the topics of Global Warming and Climate Change by declaring that:
“The debate is over” and that “there only a few “sceptics” remain – sceptics who are still unconvinced about the existence of a catastrophic human-caused global warming emergency.”
“Oregon Petition” and 31, 072 scientists signed it, including:
9,021 PhD; 6,961 MS; 2,240 MD and DVM; and 12,850 BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have underlying degrees in basic science.
Signatories are approved for inclusion in the Petition Project list if they have obtained formal educational degrees at the level of Bachelor of Science or higher in appropriate scientific fields.
If science was conducted by “consensus” only as the IPCC would like us all to believe, then the sceptics out number the believers by more than ten to one.
The break down of the 31,072 is as follows:
1. Atmospheric, environmental, and Earth sciences includes 3,697 scientists trained in specialties directly related to the physical environment of the Earth and the past and current phenomena that affect that environment.
2. Computer and mathematical sciences includes 903 scientists trained in computer and mathematical methods. Since the human-caused global warming hypothesis rests entirely upon mathematical computer projections and not upon experimental observations, these sciences are especially important in evaluating this hypothesis.
3. Physics and aerospace sciences include 5,691 scientists trained in the fundamental physical and molecular properties of gases, liquids, and solids, which are essential to understanding the physical properties of the atmosphere and Earth.
4. Chemistry includes 4,796 scientists trained in the molecular interactions and behaviours of the substances of which the atmosphere and Earth are composed.
5. Biology and agriculture includes 2,924 scientists trained in the functional and environmental requirements of living things on the Earth.
6. Medicine includes 3,069 scientists trained in the functional and environmental requirements of human beings on the Earth.
7. Engineering and general science includes 9,992 scientists trained primarily in the many engineering specialties required to maintain modern civilization and the prosperity required for all human actions, including environmental programs.
Note there are no plastic surgeons, landscape architects, hotel administrators, gynaecologists, sociologists, linguists, or practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine, unlike to IPCC’s 2500.
Roger Cohen, a senior US physicist formerly involved with the IPCC process, who long accepted its orthodoxy:
I was appalled at how flimsy the case is. I was also appalled at the behaviour of many of those who helped produce the IPCC reports and by many of those who promote it.
In particular I am referring to the arrogance, the activities aimed at shutting down debate; the outright fabrications; the mindless defence of bogus science; and the politicisation of the IPCC process and the science process itself.
In an article written by journalist Christopher Booker of the UK Telegraph called The 'consensus' on climate change is a catastrophe in itself, he refers to a detailed study by an Australian analyst Dr. John McLean, called "Prejudiced authors, Prejudiced findings" as evidence of ever-growing mountain of informed criticism of the IPCC's methods. In it he says:
...it shows just how incestuously linked are most of the core group of academics whose models underpin everything the IPCC wishes us to believe about global warming.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
The 31,072 Scientists Who Opposed The IPCC’s Position That “The Debate is Over”
Posted by Climate Observer at 18.8.09
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment